Wednesday, August 23

New Artist statement.

My old statement was:

For me art is right under our noses. It’s normal everyday stuff, like brushing your teeth in the morning, or feeling good when your feet reach the cold part of bed sheets. Art that has had the most affect on me has come from a very ordinary kind of place. In my search for a way to live and make art I have been using the tools of painting my daily habits to construct a map, to guide me, and maybe others to better quality of life.

But I though it doesn't apply to my new works. The other day lots of people helped me making new statement for my series of works.It goes:

This series of works address a reverie of the ordinary. My paintings do not hold any world changing views nor are they politically opinionate. It is self-portrait reflecting my state of mind, a tranquil gaze, or a sublime moment.

I like this new one.

4 Comments:

Blogger f1at said...

i like the new one too ;)

10:19 PM  
Blogger harumi said...

thank you. まある意味似たようなもんなんだけどね。

7:02 PM  
Blogger pip brant said...

Good morning are you ready to Bitch? Are watching Ernesto? 75MPH, Wed. Cat 3

Vote for a new transit system. We could ride trains. I will bitch about not having a train to ride today. The stand your ground law sucks.

11:09 AM  
Blogger harumi said...

little miss kitten. I have no voting resistration. unfortunatly. I wish there is a train from here to school.
yeah right, ernesto is getting bigger and comming closer.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home