Wednesday, August 30

Earnest and Katrina

August 28 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. Tropical storm Earnest hit Miami on almost year anniversary. Earnest was surprisingly weak storm despite all the media's freak out. Storm is right above my house now, but it just looks like normal bad weather. Good thing, but I wanted to go to school.

Last night we watched Spike Lee's "When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts." The movie was little too long and I ended up fell sleep in act VI with help of wine drinking. It was very well made documentary. Documentary is always one person's view of certain event and I am sure this is Spike Lee's view of Katrina. I am aware that there is a danger to believe everything in it. But men, it was great. In half way, Tommy questions why they just stand there and wait for bus? How come they don't start walking? Right away they show comment of couple that attempt to walk out of city. The freaking Policemen blocked the bridge to get out the town! I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I think New Orleans is one of town (maybe only) in America with such a strong base of CULTURE. America is very young country and does not have too much deep culture. I don't know that much of it, but they have their own music and food unlike any other place. I just can’t understand those American politics. 9/11, Iraq, and this. Every single one of defense is felling. When did this country become so stupid??
I hope I don't get in trouble writting this here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home